Saturday, September 12, 2009

Non-Fiction

I'm writing a non-fiction book with my daughter and finding it quite delightful.  No wondering what the characters would wear or whether I've gotten the politics of the era correct.  I don't have to weave in those sub-plots or stew over what the character would be feeling when I've backed him into a corner.  This one is just straight-forward.  Not a secondary character in sight - my Patty and I are characters enough.

Still, it's still proven more difficult to write than I would have thought.  I'm finding that I'm editing my entries as often as I do my fiction work, and discovering, as I do each time I re-read my words, that I often write drivel the first time.  And second.  And . . .   Sigh. 

In my next life I've going to be a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment